Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sitting Standby

Today I woke up to another very cold morning. I did not sleep well last night because it got down right cold in the apartment. some time over the Christmas break one of the boilers went out so right now we are running on one and it can't keep up with heating the entire place. I hope they get it fixed soon!
Well I'm on standby today. Dan is off doing the Chig run and they assigned me to sit here and wait while Anchorage comes up with a plan to go rescue the Goose from Lake Clark.
what ever they decide it's going to be a massive under taking and when they get it all figured out I will be flying the recovery effort up there.
Lake Clark is a massive lake in a remote area north east of King Salmon. It is nestled in the Chigmit mountain range witch is on the west side of the Cook Inlet from the Kenai Peninsula.
Until they call and tell me to fly I'm going to sit here in the apartment and try to stay warm it's -15 out right now with a wind chill of -37 burr!

1 comment:

  1. You and Dan should have snuggled to keep warm.

    ReplyDelete