Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Free at last Free at last

This morning I woke up with the full intention of doing absolutely nothing. As I arrived in Op's the girls told me I had a four leg trip to fly today. I told them I did not want to do anything...I swear those girls don't listen to me!
Annoyed I give in knowing the four legs will still get me back in time for my dead head to Anchorage so off to get the plane ready.
I grab the flight manifest and see I am running cargo runs with Hazmat on this trip. This is fine with me no passengers to deal with. Still in the mind set of doing as little as possible today I set up the plane so that I can sling the cargo net from the roof like a hammock so I can crawl back and go to sleep.
The first leg captain Trapper is flying and there is too much cargo in the back to use my hammock so I intend to wait until the second leg after we off load some cargo I should have plenty off room and Captain Trapper can fly.
After the first stop we start our taxi out Captain trapper look's at me and tells me "this is your leg"...but I don't want to fly today. Crap he out ranks me....I swear I need to get myself another one of those stripes!!
Off we go. As I descend into the next stop I decide that I am going rebellious for them making me fly. I fully intend to use every inch of this ice covered runway for my landing. I'm not going into beta or reverse I am going to let this thing roll out all the way to the end letting the breaks do all the work.
Now before we go any further let me explain a few things. The break system on this plane is fully capable of stopping the plane in the amount of runway I had but the airline is cheap and using breaks wears them out and they have to replace them second having to taxi back down a runway wears on the tries causing them to have to be replaced more often so they like us to land and stop in time for a turn into the ramp to prevent wear.
Today I don't care for one the plane go's down for a phase inspection as soon as we get back and during that inspection they have to replace the breaks anyway second I think it will be cute to blow by the turn with villagers standing on the ramp waiting for us in the cold and then smoke them out when I pull up.
upon landing I use damn near all of the runway..holding the breaks the whole time. Now it's very cold out side and the breaks are very very hot by the time I taxi back to the ramp. lol when I hop out of the plane the breaks are producing more fog than a twisted sister concert. All I can do is giggle and think " morning b****es"
When I get back in the plane Captain Trapper is grinning at me like he thought it was clever too but then again he always grins when he farts and he is constantly doing that. I didn't smell anything and this guy will make you want to jump out of the plane some times so I'll assume he thought it was funny too.
The rest of the trip was uneventful most of the time I was giggling about what I had done.
When we returned home I could not get out of the plane fast enough. I run into Op's and ask if I am released from duty the girls laugh and shake their heads so I make a B-line upstairs to pack my bag.
Now I have to sit here and wait for the plane to come in about 4 hours from now. I'm so damn excited I might even skip to the plane singing "I'm off to see the wizard"
Well folks hopefully this will be my last post until I return to duty on the first. At least when I return I will be back to rooming with Dan...no more of new guy or Hollywood thank God!!

1 comment: