Thursday, June 21, 2012

A new redisgned life on the east coast complete with gay roommates

Well folks it's been awhile since my last post. I have to apologize to those who have been trying to keep up. I have been very busy upgrading to a bigger,faster plane and moving to the east coast. I left bush flying with Dan back in march and neither of us has looked back. We have both gone on to bigger and better things in our life's and my only regret is that we separated, him staying in Alaska and me moving here to the east coast. The east coast has been exciting to fly, pay is fantastic if I could ever stay flying! But the life here sucks! I chose to come to the east coast to be number one on the seniority list and get the best schedule. Turns out this move has been nothing less than a cluster fuck. I was banking on over nighting very night that I was here.For two reasons...one I double my daily salary where I'm not in my base city,two I didn't want to have to get a crash pad! For those of you who don't know what a crash pad is I'll try to explain. It's a little slice of HELL!!!! My crash pad is a three level row home, I have an explanation for row home too!!! A row home is like herpes...they are great blistering soars on this country with no cure insight. They are houses built up side by side so close that I could help the guy next door brush his teeth while I sit on the toilet! On top of that the only crash pad that had any avlable room was the one I got and it's a flight attendant crash pad! (most crash pads are segregated pilots and flight attendants) now most guy would say score!! I get to live with a bunch of chicks! But you have to rember I am on the east coast...very gay friendly. Infact all of my roommates 18 of them are all gay guy flight attendants!!! Now I'm not a homofobe but these guy are different from any gay guy I have ever met. First off they are very open and flambouent here, as well as very pissy and stuck up!! I would much rather deal with 18 pissy women then these dudes. It's like because they feel they are the wrong sex they have to be double pissy to make up for it. It has crossed my mind to put a tampon in each one of their mouths while they sleep just to prove a point!! On top of that they all feel the need to try to convert me to the other team...walking into this place as a straight man is like walking into a military recruitment office their all going to try to convince you to sign up. Lucky for me I'm from the south and my mouth has no filter so these conversations are always hestarical to me...to the others around me not so much! Ontop of all the gay recruitment this place has no air conditioning....yes I said no air conditioning!!! Now you would think that the norther east coast wouldn't be that hot...wrong!!! It's hot as hell here. Now I'm from the deep south, one of the hottest states in the country so I'm used to the heat but what I'm not used to is not having A/C to me it's almost uncivilized I'm mean hell even our tractors have A/C's on them!!! I spend most of my time here going out alone witch sucks cause drinking alone is just a means to an end it's not enjoyable or funny it's just kinda sad. These are the times I wished Dan would have come with me, our shenanigans would have caused so much caose in this circus of any airline that it would have kept us entertained forever! As far as the flying goes its pretty mundane none of the near death experiences like the bush flying. The guys I'm flying with are all pretty good guys we do have fun... The other day the captain I was flying with was eating a lunch he brought from home while I flew, I was in a daze looking out the window not really paying attention to anything when I here " dude" so I looke over and the captain has two baby carrots shoved in his nose. I laughed so hard I almost pissed my self!! I doesn't seem that funny now especially compared to the crap me and Dan used to pull in the bush but I take what I can get these days!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, sounds like you're in a world of hurt! Hang in there. Hopefully it won't be long before you upgrade to CA, or move on. I overnight in BOS every now and again. First round's on me if we ever meet up. Love your blogs!

    ReplyDelete